Mr. Monk and the Shippers

Okay, so I finally have everything caught up with school and I'm over my cold...so I can make time for this blog again!

Can you believe that there's already been 5 episodes? And I missed reviewing the past 3! If I were to score them, I would have given Mr. Monk and the U.F.O. a 7 out of 10, Mr. Monk is Someone Else an 8 out of 10 and Mr. Monk Takes the Stand an 8.5...wait, that would drive Mr. Monk crazy, so I'll go with 9 out of 10. None of these ratings are on humor alone, but a mixture of humor, heart, storytelling, semi-believability, etc. If I were voting on humor alone, I would have given U.F.O. a 10, Someone Else an 8 and Takes the Stand a 7.

Anyways, so why is my post titled, Mr. Monk and the Shippers? Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I think the writers have definitely been teasing Monk/Natalie and Natalie/Randy shippers both a lot this final season. Before, it was every now and then, but the past 3 episodes alone have been very Monk/Natalie driven with hints of Natalie/Randy thrown in. Are the writers trying to appease both parties? What do you think?

Are you a shipper of either couple or a different pair? What have been your favorite moments that hint in favor of your ship since the start of the new season?

As a Monk/Natalie shipper myself, I would have to say my favorite moment was the bellybutton banter at the end of U.F.O. If you're also a Monk/Natalie shipper, you might like to check out this fanmix (by moi) here: http://community.livejournal.com/jjtower/3024.html

Or you may be interested in my latest Monk/Natalie fanvideo, set to the song My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson. This is also the first "single" for the upcoming fanmix, "Losing That Girl" which will take a slightly more melancholy look at the pairing.

0 comments: